Highway work at Queen Victoria Street (between Walbrook and Cannon Street) is planned to start from the 11 December 2017 and will be complete in September 2018. This work forms part of the wider highway improvements that are taking place around the newly opened Bloomberg development.
At Queen Victoria Street the works will:
- reconstruct the southern footway in high quality Yorkstone paving
- resurface the carriageway
- improve the pedestrian crossing facilities at the junction of Queen Victoria Street, Queen Street and Watling Street
- improve the informal crossing on Queen Victoria Street outside the new Bloomberg entrance
To enable the work to take place from 11 December 2017 to early May 2018 Queen Victoria Street will be open to eastbound traffic only. Queen Street will also be closed at the junction of Queen Victoria Street.
Local stakeholders in the area are being regularly contacted. All affected businesses have a named contact for enquiries and a dedicated email address for the project. The City also regularly updates the project website.
It should be noted that:
- particular consideration has been given to minimising the construction impact to local businesses with works being delivered in small sections
- pedestrian access is being maintained to all premises
- the City will be maintaining standard City quiet working hours and while every effort will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum, some noise impact is anticipated
Further information on the overall scheme is available on the City’s project webpage –